The Rural Development Programme provides grant assistance to start ups and expanding micro-enterprises.
Through the programme Sligo LEADER Partnership are able to support eligible SMEs with projects that will create jobs in the county or that will bring economic development to the business, cementing its viability and future growth.
We can offer a range of supports to qualifying projects that include:
- Access to capital funding
- Assistance to purchase equipment
- Business advice
- Marketing and promotional materials
- Development of plans
Enterprise Projects (Private/Individual/SMEs) can attract a maximum rate of aid of 75% of the project cost:
- Capital costs to a maximum of €200,000
- Training costs to a maximum of €200,000
- Research costs to a maximum of €30,000
In order to qualify your project must fit into one of three main themes:
- Rural Economic Development, Enterprise Development and Job Creation (e.g. rural tourism development, enterprise start-ups or expansion, rural town development, broadband projects, agr-diversification that may include a farm shop, tourism product or educational service)
- Social inclusion (e.g. services targeted at hard to reach communities, projects to provide social inclusion for rural youth)
- Rural Environment (e.g. protection and sustainable use of water resources, protection and improvement of local biodiversity, development of renewable energy
In addition, under the LEADER RDP Transition Programme 2021, Enterprise projects must address the following priorities:
- Projects which reach new markets, expand, innovate and/or diversify in response to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and/or Brexit, with a particular emphasis on providing support to businesses in the food sector.
- Priority will be given to applicants that have not previously received assistance under LEADER or other rural programmes
- New and innovative projects in the areas of climate change, environmental protection and the green economy.
See our Enterprise Case Studies
Find out more
If you would like to discuss your idea further or wish to submit an Expression of Interest, please contact a member of our Rural Development Programme Team:
June Murphy or Shona Heffernan on 071 9141138.
Email Shona on firstname.lastname@example.org
Sligo LEADER Partnership, as the implementing partner for the new LEADER RDP programme on behalf of the Local Community Development Committee.