|· Manage and supervise the operation of the Community Employment Scheme
· Co-ordinate the recruitment of CE applicants in accordance with the Department’s CE recruitment and referral process
· Co-ordination of the programme on a day to day basis:
o To provide co-ordination, support and supervision for the participants
o To source training and employment opportunities for the participants
o To provide coaching and interview preparation for participants
o To develop Individual Development Learning Plans for each participant
o Provide access to vocational training and recognised qualifications, including working towards a Major Award on the National Framework of Qualifications or an Industry related equivalent
o Plan and Co-ordinate approved work schedules and ensure annual contracts of employment are in place for all participants.
o Communicate effectively with all participants
· Developing core accredited modules of training and sourcing tutors for the training aspect of the programme
· Effect policy in relation to best practice employment of CE participants
· Ensure the implementation of all up to date legislation in policies regarding employment of CE participants
· Ensure the provision of an efficient financial and accounting system in line with CE governance:
o Ensure financial returns i.e. wage claims, material claims and participant development grant claims meet the required standards
o Ensure prompt and accurate payment of participant allowances
o Ensure implementation of systems controlling the operation of all finances as direction by the Sponsor Board
· Manage effective time keeping record system
· Provide a safe & healthy environment for participants, both in terms of facilities and work practices
· Develop an exit plan with participants identifying follow-up and after care supports as required
· Liaise with the DSP office as required
· Attend team meetings and training where required.
· Any other duties as assigned by the line manager.