Atlas Education is focussed upon helping people in educational settings and the wider community build key skills. A range of workshops are available for educational settings, community groups and community centres as well as private tuition. Matthew Hutnik, from Riverstown, is an experienced tutor and is registered with the Teaching Council of Ireland as a Further Education teacher. Matthew specialises in teaching the fundamentals of academic research and writing, digital skills and other academic and community-based workshops. Graduating from Atlantic Technological University (ATU) Sligo in 2021 with a First Class Honours degree in English and Psychology, Matthew was awarded the Governing Body Award for Academic Achievement. Matthew also holds a QQI Level 6 Special Purpose Award in Training and Development as well as a qualification in Coaching Models of Practice.
Deirdre Kennedy, Enterprise Officer, Sligo LEADER Partnership Company
“As Enterprise Officer, I was delighted to able to support Matthew on his journey into self-employment with a business that provides really useful supports in terms of English language, cultural integration, career progression and digital skills.”
Atlas Education was born from identifying a need for key academic and digital skills in the academic and wider community. In collaboration with ATU Sligo, Mayo, Sligo and Leitrim Education and Training Board (MSLETB), Sligo LEADER and Sligo LCDC, Matthew has delivered workshops and lectures to students and community group members to great success. Offerings include the following:
- Workshops and lectures in schools, colleges of further education and other educational settings;
- Mentoring for Community Employment Scheme (CE Scheme) Participants completing QQI courses as part of their Individual Learner Plan
- Classes for Community Group members in basic and intermediate digital skills covering topics such as An Introduction to the Internet, Staying Safe Online and Avoiding Scams, Online Shopping, Booking Tickets and Keeping in Touch with Others;
- Classes for Community Centre staff or members of the locality
CV and Job Interview Skills:
- Assisting CE Scheme Participants develop their CV and Job Interview skills for progression beyond the CE Scheme
- In-person and online coaching in writing a CV and Job Interview Preparation
- Academic CV and Job Interview Skills coaching
Deirdre gave me excellent support in assisting me with developing my business idea and business plan. She has kept in regular contact with me throughout my self-employed journey, offering assistance and information along the way. I benefitted a lot from her guidance and expertise.
Matthew Hutnik, Atlas Education