County Sligo LEADER Partnership CLG, through funding secured through Dept of Rural and Community Development and Faille Ireland, invited applications for the post of Rural Recreation Officer (RRO).
This will be a 1 year Full Time Fixed Term Contract, which maybe renewable subject to the availability of funding.
Role of the Rural Recreation Officer
The successful candidate shall help to coordinate the management, enhancement and promotion of recreation/walking infrastructure within County Sligo.
The RRO will manage the implementation of the Walks Scheme on existing trails and new trails as agreed with Dept of Rural and Community Development.
The RRO shall have a key role in the marketing and promotion of trails in the area and will assist local communities in developing new routes as agreed by County Sligo Leader Partnership CLG and other entities as appropriate.
- Hold a relevant third level qualification and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in rural/community development or tourism/recreation or relevant field or have 5 years’ experience in a relevant field
- Have satisfactory computer and administrative skills
- A good knowledge of and interest in walking route management and promotion, including an understanding of the needs of tourists and the tourism industry.
- Knowledge and interest in countryside recreation and trails and/or trail development.
- Experience of sourcing and managing funding.
- Some experience of working in community organisations in a professional or voluntary capacity.
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative and work effectively with a number of key stakeholder organisations and individuals
- A full current driving licence and access to private transport.
- A flexible approach to working hours.
- Willingness to undertake training in areas relevant to the post.
Please forward a full CV and a letter of application to:
John Feerick CEO, County Sligo LEADER Partnership CLG
Closing date no later than 12.00 noon on Monday 16th November 2020
Short listing will apply and a panel may be formed, from which other vacancies may be filled.
County Sligo LEADER Partnership CLG is an Equal Opportunities Employer.