What is a Women’s Shed?
A place to enjoy other people’s company, get involved in activities with others, learn or pass on skills, or just simply pass the time of day with other women. Members decide for themselves what they would like to do and participation is optional.
What are the benefits?
- Enjoy the company of others
- Meet new people
- Connect with your community
- Learn new skills
- Teach skills to others
- Get involved in community projects
- Connect with other Women’s Sheds around the country
Sligo LEADER provides regular ongoing support to new groups and can provide group development training where you learn:
- How to form and maintain a new group
- How to plan activities
- How (and why) to hold meetings
- How to apply for funding…and all other aspects involved.
If you are interested in setting up a Women’s Shed in your area, or would like more information, please contact Jonathan May at firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 418 6259 to arrange a meeting in your area.