Join the Sligo LEADER Mailing List for regular updates!
Sligo LEADER can offer grant aid to Community Organisations and projects which enhance your community.
We can offer a range of supports to qualifying projects that include: Capital funds; Equipment; Marketing; Development of Plans; Training (for or individual Community groups or in larger training programmes).
Eligible projects would include:
- Improving facilities and amenities in your area
- Encouraging social inclusion
- Supporting rural and urban youth
- Increasing tourism
- Welcoming new communities
- Preserving local heritage or benefiting the environment
Current rates of assistance available to Community Groups for non-economic activity:
- 75% of capital costs to a maximum of €200,000
- 100% of training costs to a maximum of €200,000
- 90% of research costs to a maximum of €30,000
In order to qualify your project must fit into one of three main themes:
- Small scale development of rural towns (for example rural tourism, social enterprise, broadband, tidy towns or Christmas lights projects)
- Social inclusion (for example services targeted at hard to reach communities, projects to provide social inclusion for rural youth)
- Rural Environment (for example protection and sustainable use of water resources, Protection and Improvement of local biodiversity, development of renewable energy)
In addition, under the LEADER Rural Development Transition Programme 2021, priority will be given to Community Projects which:
- Seek to address the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Have not previously received assistance under LEADER or other rural programmes
- New and innovative projects in the areas of climate change, environmental protection and the green economy
- Projects which maximise the potential of broadband and the digital economy in communities, including through skills development and building awareness and usage of available remote working facilities
- Projects that develop the concept of the Smart Village initiative or Rural Economic Development Zones
- Projects which support job creation and sustainability
Find out more
If you would like to discuss your idea further or wish to submit an Expression of Interest, please contact a member of our Rural Development Programme Team:
June Murphy and Shona Heffernan on 071 9141138
Email Shona at email@example.com
Sligo LEADER Partnership, as the implementing partner for the LEADER RDP Transition programme 2021 on behalf of the Local Community Development Committee.