Short Term Back to Work Enterprise Allowance
This allowance assists recently unemployed people to set up a self-employed business.
- Will receive the Short-Term Enterprise Allowance payment instead of your Jobseeker’s Benefit for a maximum of 9 months.
- May also be eligible for the Enterprises Support Grant (ESG) to help with business costs (e.g. advertising, insurance, equipment).
- Can avail of mentoring support.
- To avail of this allowance you need to be in receipt of Job Seekers Benefit.
- There is no qualifying period, which means you do not need to have been getting Jobseeker’ Benefit for a certain period of time.
Please note that you will not qualify if you are getting Jobseeker’s Benefit and also working part-time.