Join the Sligo LEADER Mailing List for regular updates!
The Tús initiative is a community work placement scheme providing short-term working opportunities for people who have been unemployed for a period of 12 months or more.
Varied Work Placements
The work opportunities are provided by community and voluntary organisations in both urban and rural areas and participants are employed in a variety of sectors around County Sligo that include:
- Community tourism and heritage initiatives
- IT – web design and development, social media, app development
- Community task force projects
- Event management
- Public relations
- Social care
The scope of work placements on the Tús programme reflects the extensive skills of its participants and underlines the vibrant, proactive approach of the Tús supervisors and the community host organisations.
During their time on the programme Sligo LEADER Partnership intends to offer participants engaging and productive experiences that:
- Help the participants to re-engage with the workplace and the routine of work
- Build the participants’ confidence and self-esteem
- Focus on improving the employment prospects of the participants
To be eligible to participate in the Tús scheme you must:
- Have been continuously unemployed for at least 12 months and “signing on” on a full-time basis; and
- Have been receiving a jobseeker’s payment (Jobseeker’s Benefit or Jobseeker’s Allowance) from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection for at least 12 months; and
- Be currently receiving Jobseeker’s Allowance (JA)
Note: If you are getting JA and have a break(s) of up to 30 days in your jobseekers record over the last 12 months, you will still be eligible for Tús.
Participants on the Tús programme are employed by Sligo LEADER Partnership for a period of 12 months. Participants work 19 ½ hours a week and receive the same statutory annual leave and public holiday entitlement as other employees.
Find out more
For more information please contact the Tús Team:
Enniscrone area and Sligo town:
Tel: 087 0539845
Easkey/Templeboy Environs and North Sligo Environs:
Tel: 087 1497069
Tubbercurry and environs:
Tel: 087 0548947
Ballymote and environs and Sligo town:
Tel: 087 9150754
East County Sligo including Collooney, Ballintogher, Riverstown:
Tel: 087 9970132
Tel: 087 6263299
Department of Social Protection