Join the Sligo LEADER Mailing List for regular updates!
Sligo LEADER has a number of supports available to refugees and asylum seekers living in County Sligo, helping with a wide range of issues that may affect them.
Our team is friendly and approachable and want to help people to settle well into their new life in Sligo.
The support and advice we can offer to new communities includes:
- How to find an English conversational group to improve your English
- A home-visiting programme that helps members of the Syrian community by calling to their homes to assist women with their English
- How to access a befriending programme for Syrian families
- Actively liaising on your behalf with state agencies and departments in order to ensure they receive any benefits or opportunities to which they may be entitled
- One-to-one advice clarifying or explaining how Irish society operates, both culturally and legally
- Advice on education systems (adult and youth), housing, health-care, employment, rights, supports, citizenship applications
To find out more about how we can help contact:
Tel: 071 9141138