Tús Initiative and Rural Social Scheme can offer support to your community project. They are community work placement schemes that provide short-term working opportunities for unemployed and under-employed people.
Participants on the schemes are employed by Sligo LEADER Partnership and the work opportunities are provided by community and voluntary organisations throughout the county.
The types of eligible projects may include:
- Energy Conservation works (for example, conservation and maintenance of national walkways)
- Heritage and cultural services
- Village and countryside enhancement projects
- Social Care
- Community Childcare
- Maintenance of community facilities/areas
- Community Administration (for example, newsletters or information provision for communities, IT, social media and public relation services)
Find out more
To discuss a workplace opportunity your community organisation is interested in providing or to submit a Host Organisation Application form, please contact:
Declan Foley Tús Co-ordinator
Tel: 087 6263299
Gerard Mullaney RSS Programme Coordinator
Tel: 071 9141138
The Tús Initiative and Rural Social Scheme (RSS) in Sligo are administered by Sligo Leader Partnership on behalf of the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection.