Join the Sligo LEADER Mailing List for regular updates!
Next Move Community Employment (CE) is designed to help people in disadvantaged groups and people who have been unemployed for a period of 12 months or more, to return to the workplace.
The employment programme offers part-time and temporary placements in jobs in local communities. It is designed to be a temporary, fixed-term opportunity that helps you to return to a work routine.
Training and Development
Training and development is provided as part of the Next Move CE scheme. We work with you to create an Individual Learner Plan (ILP) and provide funding for training requirements identified.
The Individual Learner Plan is designed to help you to update your skills set to increase your employment opportunities or access further education courses after you have completed the Next Move CE scheme.
Work Hours on a Next Move CE Programme: 19.5 hours per week
November 2020: Present Positions with Next Move
- Reception/Support/Administration County Sligo Leader Partnership
- Administration/Accounts Next Move CE Scheme
- Administration/Support Worker Sligo Traveller Support Group
- Caretaker/Environmental Men’s Shed Sligo
- Caretaker Ballinafad Community Group
- Admin/ Reception/Caretaker/Digital Skills West Sligo Resource Centre
- Retail/Support Workers MS Charity Shops
- Caretaker/Maintenance Person Owenmore Community Park
- Support Worker Lough Arrow Community Café Project
- Admin/Support Yeats Society, Yeats Building
- Caretaker/Grounds Person St Michaels Club, Ballintogher
- Admin/Support Worker Ox Mountain Development Company
- Reception/Caretaker Ballymote Family Resource Centre
How to qualify
The general qualifying age for CE is 21 years.
In general, you must also be getting one of the following payments for at least 12 months:
- Jobseeker’s Benefit
- Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Jobseeker’s Transitional Payment
- One-Parent Family Payment
- Deserted Wife’s Benefit
- Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s (Contributory) Pension
- Widow’s, Widower’s or Surviving Civil Partner’s (Non-contributory) Pension
- Farm Assist
Find out more
If you would like to find out more information or apply for the scheme please contact:
Mary Kathleen Johnston
Supervisor of the Next Move Community Employment Scheme
Tel: 071 91 41138
Department of Social Protection