Grants of between €10,000 and €300,000 available for upgrade and refurbishment works to Community Centres
The Minister for Rural and Community Development, Heather Humphreys TD, has announced a new €15 million capital fund to support community groups for the upgrade and refurbishment of Community Centres. This is an investment in both rural and urban communities across the Country.
The Community Centres Investment Fund will support community groups with the upgrade and development of their Community Centre facilities.
Funding will be available under 3 Categories with grants of between €10k and €300K available:
Category 1: Small scale projects/improvements to facilities – €10,000 to €25,000.
Category 2: Larger scale projects – €25,001 to €100,000.
Category 3: Major projects- €100,001 to €300,000.
Applications under Category 2 and 3 must include a minimum contribution of 5% of the total project costs from the applicants own funds.
Funding is available for capital works such as: –
- Works to improve communal facilities such as kitchen and toilet facilities
- Energy retrofitting, new windows / doors / heating systems
- Upgrades to lighting systems and stage areas
- Works to address safety concerns, including as a result of fire safety audits
- Works to improve disability access
- Improvements to assist in providing additional or better services to the community such as Meals for the Elderly & youth facilities
- Works to develop Community Centres as Social Hubs through the development of Community Cinemas, Youth Hubs and Community Libraries
- Essential maintenance works, repairs to roof, etc
Fund guidelines and a sample application form are available to view at gov.ie/drcd
County Sligo Leader Partnership Company SICAP staff are available to assist any community group which seeks assistance with the application form.
What we can do;
- Offer technical and expertise in filling out the application
- One to One Mentoring support and guidance in developing the project.
If you have any quires call 071 9141138 or email firstname.lastname@example.org